We might love the hot, summer sun, but our lawns? That’s another story. Here’s how to keep your yard healthy and prevent dried-out grass this summer:
- Leave the grass longer. Mow regularly, but don’t cut too short. Longer grass holds in moisture and shade better.
- Water early in the day or late at night. Watering in times of high heat or sunlight will cause the moisture to evaporate.
- Aerate often. If you have a small lawn, poke small holes with a garden fork to give the grass plenty of oxygen. For larger lawns, you could rent an aerator machine from your local hardware store
If you have a sprinkler system, schedule at least two waterings per week, ideally before 6 a.m.
Don’t miss our eNewsletter!
Our past and future clients love to keep updated on the real estate market and to receive tips and tricks for around the home. So we’ve custom-built our eNewsletter to satisfy their craving for knowledge.
Inside you will find:
- Mortgage rates;
- The latest in real estate market news;
- Tips, tricks and advice for buying, selling or maintaining your home;
- New listing of the week;
- Links to other valuable resources.
Subscribe for FREE! You may easily unsubscribe at any time. Thank you!