It’s officially hurricane season and if your house is in the line of fire, you’ll want to start safeguarding your property before it’s too late.
- Install a power surge protector in your electrical panel.
- Consider investing in a generator to keep portions of your home running when the power goes out.
- Stock up on plywood to block windows before a storm if you are near the coast.
- Clear your yard of loose items and furniture that could become dangerous in high winds.
- Inquire about hurricane or flood insurance.
- Trim trees and low-hanging branches.
- Stock up on water and non-perishable goods.
You’ll also want to keep your gutters clean for the entire season. This will keep water from collecting around your home and flooding your property.
Don’t miss our eNewsletter!
Our past and future clients love to keep updated on the real estate market and to receive tips and tricks for around the home. So we’ve custom-built our eNewsletter to satisfy their craving for knowledge.
Inside you will find:
- Mortgage rates;
- The latest in real estate market news;
- Tips, tricks and advice for buying, selling or maintaining your home;
- New listing of the week;
- Links to other valuable resources.
Subscribe for FREE! You may easily unsubscribe at any time. Thank you!