Many would-be home buyers – particularly those who are self-employed – sit on the sidelines for fear they won’t qualify for a mortgage.
But those fears may be unwarranted. Self-employed buyers make up a huge share of today’s home purchases, and lenders are making it easier than ever for them to qualify.
Are you self-employed and looking to buy a home? A few things may help smooth the buying process:
- Choose a bank statement loan, which allows you to qualify based on cash flow, not W-2s or paystubs
- Have at least two years of self-employment income on your tax returns
- Leverage a great credit score or have a significant down payment
Don’t miss our eNewsletter!
Our past and future clients love to keep updated on the real estate market and to receive tips and tricks for around the home. So we’ve custom-built our eNewsletter to satisfy their craving for knowledge.
Inside you will find:
- Mortgage rates;
- The latest in real estate market news;
- Tips, tricks and advice for buying, selling or maintaining your home;
- New listing of the week;
- Links to other valuable resources.
Subscribe for FREE! You may easily unsubscribe at any time. Thank you!