While November and December is often considered the worst time of year to sell due to limited buyer activity, those buyers who are out shopping for a home are often more motivated this time of year. Also, listing competition is lower since many home sellers remove their home from the market during the holidays.
Embracing the festive season can be a great way to make your home more marketable this winter and to help defy the odds.
Consider these tips:
- Add a festive wreath to the door and potted chrysanthemums on the porch.
- Clean up the fireplace and set up fresh logs. You can even light a fire before the buyers arrive.
- Install twinkling lights along your front and back porch to create a more welcoming atmosphere.
- Spray festive scents like pine, peppermint or apple pie in the main living areas.
Buyers want a place where they can spend their own future holidays with loved ones. Embrace the season and show them your house is that place!
Looking to sell your home now or in the upcoming months? Contact me for a free consultation.
Don’t miss our eNewsletter!
Our past and future clients love to keep updated on the real estate market and to receive tips and tricks for around the home. So we’ve custom-built our eNewsletter to satisfy their craving for knowledge.
Inside you will find:
- Mortgage rates;
- The latest in real estate market news;
- Tips, tricks and advice for buying, selling or maintaining your home;
- New listing of the week;
- Links to other valuable resources.
Subscribe for FREE! You may easily unsubscribe at any time. Thank you!